Re: pg_dumping extensions having sequences with 9.6beta3

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_dumping extensions having sequences with 9.6beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Philippe BEAUDOIN <phb.emaj@free.fr> wrote:
> I am currently playing with extensions. And I found a strange behaviour
> change with 9.6beta2 and 3 when pg_dumping a database with an extension
> having sequences. This looks like a bug, ... unless I did something wrong.
> [...]
> => as expected, with latest minor versions of postgres 9.1 to 9.5, the
> sequences associated to the t1.c1 and t1.c3 columns are not dumped,
>    while the sequence associated to t2.c1 is dumped.
> => with 9.6beta3 (as with beta2), the 3 sequences are dumped.

Thanks for the report! I haven't looked at the problem in details yet,
but my guess is that this is owned by Stephen Frost. test_pg_dump does
not cover sequences yet, it would be visibly good to get coverage for
that. I am adding an open item as well.
--
Michael