Re: Array value from table as parameter

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Array value from table as parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/22/16 7:31 AM, Charles Clavadetscher wrote:
>> I need to pass an array as a parameter in a function, but it is a part of a trigger that get a "new" value.
>> >
>> > I've tested it like
>> >
>> > select function_x(10000,555555,array[['xxxxx'],['yyyyy']])
>> > or
>> > select function_x(10000,555555,array[['xxxxx','yyyyy']])
>> >
>> > and it worked.
>> >
>> > But if I use
>> >
>> > select function_x(10000,555555,new.situations)
>> >
>> > it doesn't work, as the value comes like this: {"xxxxx","yyyyy"}
>> > I couldn't find a function that converts {} values back to [] without treat it as a string and use replace, what I
thinkthat is
> not the ideal solution because it may can't satisfy more complex arrays.
>
> Would it help to simply cast the argument to TEXT[]?

That would simply be masking the problem.

'{"xxxxx","yyyyy"}' is a completely valid representation of an array,
but not one you should be getting out of code (because there's no reason
for array_out to toss the extra "s in there). It also doesn't match
either of your other examples.

Please create a stand-alone scenario that demonstrates the problem
you're seeing. I suspect that in the process of doing that you're going
to uncover a bug in your code, but if not then we'll have something
concrete we can look at.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461