Re: pg_dumping extensions having sequences with 9.6beta3

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pg_dumping extensions having sequences with 9.6beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 01:40:01PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Philippe BEAUDOIN <phb.emaj@free.fr> wrote:
> > I am currently playing with extensions. And I found a strange behaviour
> > change with 9.6beta2 and 3 when pg_dumping a database with an extension
> > having sequences. This looks like a bug, ... unless I did something wrong.
> > [...]
> > => as expected, with latest minor versions of postgres 9.1 to 9.5, the
> > sequences associated to the t1.c1 and t1.c3 columns are not dumped,
> >    while the sequence associated to t2.c1 is dumped.
> > => with 9.6beta3 (as with beta2), the 3 sequences are dumped.
>
> Thanks for the report! I haven't looked at the problem in details yet,
> but my guess is that this is owned by Stephen Frost. test_pg_dump does
> not cover sequences yet, it would be visibly good to get coverage for
> that. I am adding an open item as well.

[Action required within 72 hours.  This is a generic notification.]

The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 9.6 open item.  Stephen,
since you committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open
item.  If some other commit is more relevant or if this does not belong as a
9.6 open item, please let us know.  Otherwise, please observe the policy on
open item ownership[1] and send a status update within 72 hours of this
message.  Include a date for your subsequent status update.  Testers may
discover new open items at any time, and I want to plan to get them all fixed
well in advance of shipping 9.6rc1.  Consequently, I will appreciate your
efforts toward speedy resolution.  Thanks.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.GA447393@tornado.leadboat.com