Re: BUG #14243: pg_basebackup failes by a STATUS_DELETE_PENDING file

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #14243: pg_basebackup failes by a STATUS_DELETE_PENDING file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> [Sorry for hanging to wrong message but I cannot get any email from
> the list since this morning and I have to create a email from the
> archive (posting is ok using the same email account. See my From:).]
>
> Since no one came up with any useful solution for this soon, I think
> I need to add this to the TODO list unless there's an objection.

The last time I looked for for a way to make the difference between a
permission error and a pending deletion status, I bumped into the
following tool PendMove:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897556.aspx

Well, it is not useful in itself, but, as my colleague Nikhil
Deshpande has pointed out, it becomes more interesting if combined
with ProcessExplorer to see what system calls it does:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx
This may allow us to find a way what are the system APIs called to
make the difference and then use them.

I don't make a priority of this item, but, Takatsuka-san, that's an
idea to dig for I think.
--
Michael