Re: Header and comments describing routines in incorrect shape in visibilitymap.c

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Header and comments describing routines in incorrect shape in visibilitymap.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> So, the 'pinned' is not necessary here or should be added also to
> _clear.  I think the former is preferable since it is already
> written in the comments for the functions and seems to be a bit
> too detailed to be put here.
>
> - *             visibilitymap_set        - set a bit in a previously pinned page
> + *             visibilitymap_set        - set bits in the visibility map

As far as I know, it is possible to set one or two bits, so I would
think that using parenthesis makes more sense. Same when pinning a
page, the caller may want to just set one of the two bits available.
That's the choice I am trying to outline here.
--
Michael