Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>> How do you feel about adding testing to tuplesort.c not limited to
>> hitting this bug (when Valgrind memcheck is used)?
>
> Sounds great, but again, not in the patch fixing this bug.

I'll work on a minimal CLUSTER testcase within the next day or two,
and post a revision. Separately, I'll propose a patch that further
expands tuplesort test coverage. This will add coverage for hash
tuplesorts, as well as coverage of external sorts that require
multiple passes.

>> Are you satisfied that I have adequately described steps to reproduce?
>
> I can confirm that (after 62 minutes) your test procedure reached SIGSEGV
> today and then completed successfully with your patch.

Thanks for going to the trouble of confirming that the test procedure
causes a segmentation fault, and that my patch appears to fix the
issue.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Header and comments describing routines in incorrect shape in visibilitymap.c
Сообщение: Re: Header and comments describing routines in incorrect shape in visibilitymap.c