Re: Header and comments describing routines in incorrect shape in visibilitymap.c

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Header and comments describing routines in incorrect shape in visibilitymap.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:48:00 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAB7nPqQO0AaCwhKsyTChxu8h9-KE0_H6qMaWrg4t9aDhq0yyhw@mail.gmail.com>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> > So, the 'pinned' is not necessary here or should be added also to
> > _clear.  I think the former is preferable since it is already
> > written in the comments for the functions and seems to be a bit
> > too detailed to be put here.
> >
> > - *             visibilitymap_set        - set a bit in a previously pinned page
> > + *             visibilitymap_set        - set bits in the visibility map
>
> As far as I know, it is possible to set one or two bits,

That's right.

> so I would
> think that using parenthesis makes more sense. Same when pinning a
> page, the caller may want to just set one of the two bits available.
> That's the choice I am trying to outline here.

I'm not strongly opposed to the paretheses. That's fine with me.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: EXPLAIN ANALYZE for parallel query doesn't report the SortMethod information.