Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I ran into a use-case just today: I wanted to run one particular
> regression test script under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, but it needed
> stuff created by earlier scripts, and I didn't especially want to
> run all of those scripts under CCA.  With a way to select a template,
> I could've run the earlier scripts in a normal build, renamed the
> ending-state regression database to something else, and then installed
> a CCA-enabled executable and run a test with just the script of
> interest.  The way I actually got it done was considerably hackier :-(

Looking at the code, --dbname can actually accept a list of databases.
Perhaps we could just have the equivalent for templates? I think that
we just need to be sure that the template list matches the length of
the database list if the template list is longer than one.
--
Michael