Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-02-07 19:23:45 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:43 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is possible to specify template database for pg_regress?
> >> I have to run tests on database with thousands database objects. Using
> >> template is much faster than import these objects.
>
> > Not directly, all the databases created by pg_regress are enforced
> > with template0.. Having a switch sounds useful though without seeing
> > in details your use case.
>
> I ran into a use-case just today: I wanted to run one particular
> regression test script under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, but it needed
> stuff created by earlier scripts, and I didn't especially want to
> run all of those scripts under CCA.  With a way to select a template,
> I could've run the earlier scripts in a normal build, renamed the
> ending-state regression database to something else, and then installed
> a CCA-enabled executable and run a test with just the script of
> interest.  The way I actually got it done was considerably hackier :-(

Can't you do that with --use-existing?  I'm pretty sure I used it for
very similar issues before.  And yes, the --help text for that is
misleading.

- Andres

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress