Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I ran into a use-case just today: I wanted to run one particular
> regression test script under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, but it needed
> stuff created by earlier scripts, and I didn't especially want to
> run all of those scripts under CCA.  With a way to select a template,
> I could've run the earlier scripts in a normal build, renamed the
> ending-state regression database to something else, and then installed
> a CCA-enabled executable and run a test with just the script of
> interest.  The way I actually got it done was considerably hackier :-(

Looking at the code, --dbname can actually accept a list of databases.
Perhaps we could just have the equivalent for templates? I think that
we just need to be sure that the template list matches the length of
the database list if the template list is longer than one.

What is sense for list of databases?

Some option --template can be great - with backpatch if it is possible.

Regards

Pavel

--
Michael