Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL

От Dionisis Kontominas
Тема Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL  (Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net>)
Список pgsql-general
  1. I assume you used the Ubuntu Server edition, not the desktop one. Is this correct?
  2. It depends on whether you keep the GUI in Oracle APEX. If so then yes, as APEX and tomcat and ORDS are free and need only the basic license for the Oracle DB. Otherwise if a free/low cost low code tool/framework is found then they can be abolished.
Thank you for your response!

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 19:36, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/21/22 10:25 AM, Dionisis Kontominas wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
>     Thank you for your response. Regarding the details:
>
>  1. I have no experience managing; I know some basic introductory
>     administrator things. Only point I think is important is to consider
>     a server version of Linux and nt a desktop one, i.e. something like
>     Ubuntu Server or Redhat Server or other.

Folks with more experience using both would have to comment in detail on
that. My comments would be, I have used openSUSE and Ubuntu(Server) for
small installations with no issues either way. I do like the ability to
jump from LTS(Long Term Support) to LTS version in Ubuntu, bypassing all
the intermediate releases.

>  2. OLTP applications. Up to 10 - 50 GB database size. The user
>     interface is Web-based, currently using Oracle APEX, Tomcat+ORDS and
>     Oracle Database as a back-end.

Are you looking to retain the Tomcat+ORDS portion of the stack?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com