Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 1:49 PM Dionisis Kontominas
<dkontominas@gmail.com> wrote:
> It depends on whether you keep the GUI in Oracle APEX. If so then yes, as APEX and tomcat and ORDS are free and need
onlythe basic license for the Oracle DB. Otherwise if a free/low cost low code tool/framework is found then they can be
abolished.

It's been several years since I have looked at APEX, but my
recollection was that it relied heavily on Oracle packages and
functions, and the few attempts I saw towards porting any of that to
Postgres were abandoned pretty quickly. This generally resulted in
most migrations becoming full-on rewrites into a new platform. Once
you've given that up, its most a matter of finding a new platform that
you want to work with... most of the companies I worked with moved to
things like django or rails, but I suspect something like budibase
and/or similar alternatives might be more what you are angling
towards. Hope that helps.

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to find an oid that's not uesd now?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to find an oid that's not uesd now?