Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables

От Deepak Beehyv
Тема Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables
Дата
Re: Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,
We are trying to use the getColumns() and getTables() functions from DatabaseMetaData, but we are getting indexes as well in getTables() and indexColumns from getColumns() call. We are able to filter out indexes from getTables using tableType column available but were unable to do that for columns as tableType is not captured.
I would like to know if getting indexes in getTables() and indexColumns in getColumns is warranted or a bug. If such a behaviour is warranted, is there any alternate solution.

--
regards
N.Deepak Ram