Re: Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Deepak Beehyv <deepakram.beehyv@alationdata.com> wrote:
Hi all,
We are trying to use the getColumns() and getTables() functions from DatabaseMetaData, but we are getting indexes as well in getTables() and indexColumns from getColumns() call. We are able to filter out indexes from getTables using tableType column available but were unable to do that for columns as tableType is not captured.
I would like to know if getting indexes in getTables() and indexColumns in getColumns is warranted or a bug. If such a behaviour is warranted, is there any alternate solution.

​Just thinking here...

​Identify the table types you care about and create an array of them to pass to "getTables()".  For each of the tables returned pass the name of the table to "getColumns()".

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables
Сообщение: Re: Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables