Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

От JORGE MALDONADO
Тема Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, I get a warning when running psql as follows. I will search for help in Google and PostgreSQL documentation. The warning suggests seeing psql reference page "Notes for Windows users". I will do that. I had not noticed the warning. Thank you.

image.png

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 10:13 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 4/28/22 09:57, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Here is the output to commands suggested by *Adrian Klaver*. Encoding is
> the same in both client and server. Also, there are 7 tables I want to
> exclude.
> image.png
> The version of source DB is 11, and target version is 14.
>
> Regarding the following comment:
>
>     *FYI, -n riopoderoso and the riopoderoso in
>     'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"' are redundant.*
>

> Should I remove the schema name so the exclude switch is *-T "AspNet"*
> instead of *-T 'riopoderoso."AspNet"'?*

As Tom Lane pointed out earlier -n riopoderoso is going to restrict the
dump to objects in the riopoderoso schema so schema qualifying the table
name is not needed.

> I have tried -T 'riopoderoso."Asp*"',  -T 'riopoderoso."Asp"*', -T
> '"Asp"*', -T "Asp"*' and several other combinations unsuccessfully.
> Also, I have escaped double quotes, single quotes and both at the same
> time using the *^* character as documented in several sources.

I don't use Windows much anymore and not all for Postgres so I can't
comment on this. Someone who does will need to offer guidance.

> Can I run the *pg_dump* command in *psql*? I rarely use psql.

No you can't run pg_dump in psql. Speaking of psql, what happens when
you log in with it? Do you get a code page warning?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com