Re: errcodes.h and others not generated when compiling 13.6 on M1 Mac

От Sam Kidman
Тема Re: errcodes.h and others not generated when compiling 13.6 on M1 Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, so apparently it's something wrong with our environments? Is it possible something is failing silently? Any tips for how to troubleshoot?

BTW I'm not doing anything special when compiling, just git checkout REL_13_6, ./configure, ./make (unless I am doing something wrong there?)

Also the README.md makes mention of an INSTALL file that contains instructions about prerequisites for compilation but I couldn't find it in the repository.

Regards, Sam

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 11:38 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> On Wed, 2022-04-27 at 10:05 +1000, Sam Kidman wrote:
>> I recently upgraded one of our applications to use postgres 13.6. When I try to compile
>> from a source checkout or by running asdf install (our version manager which also compiles 13.6)
>> I get the same error message:
>>
>> ../../src/include/utils/elog.h:71:10: fatal error: 'utils/errcodes.h' file not found

> I'd say that you didn't ./configure the PostgreSQL source.

No, we dealt with that case long ago: you get

$ make
You need to run the 'configure' program first. See the file
'README.git' for installation instructions, or visit:
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/installation.html>
make: *** [all] Error 1

Anyway, 13.6 certainly builds on my M1 laptop, as well as my
M1 buildfarm animal [1], so it's not a case of "it's completely
broken".  But you need the appropriate prerequisites, eg
an Xcode installation [2].  I wonder exactly what configure
options the OP is using, and what's installed on his Mac
beyond bare macOS.

                        regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=sifaka&br=REL_13_STABLE
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/installation-platform-notes.html#INSTALLATION-NOTES-MACOS