Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

От JORGE MALDONADO
Тема Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

After a lot of tests and reading about the issue with the "exclude table" option on pg_dump, I found many articles saying that the problem has to do with the encoding of the DB. The DB I am testing with has a WIN1252 encoding, so I decided to create a new DB with UTF8 encoding. The following is a list of the actual DBs, being riopoderoso and testdb the ones I tested. As you can see, riopoderoso has WIN1252 encoding and testdb has UTF8 encoding. The pg_dump command worked correctly when testing the testDB database. So, this proves that encoding is the real issue here. Both DBs have the same Collate and Ctype however, the only difference is the encoding. With this in mind, I see that I can set the encoding to UTF8 and leave Collate and Ctype as shown because, as far as I understand, both of them have to do with string comparison (the language used to enter data into the DB is Spanish). I will very much appreciate your comments on this.

image.png

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado