Re: Commitfest 2023-09 starts soon

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Commitfest 2023-09 starts soon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 1:01 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> I have done several passes to make sure that patch statuses are more
> accurate.  As explained in a nearby message, I have set several patches
> back from "Ready to Committer" to "Needs review" if additional
> discussion happened past the first status change.  I have also in
> several cases removed reviewers from a patch entry if they haven't been
> active on the thread in several months.  (Feel free to sign up again,
> but don't "block" the patch.)

I had originally planned to write thread summaries for all status="Needs
review" patches in the commitfest. However, ISTM these summaries are
largely useful for reaching consensus on changing the status of these
patches (setting them to "waiting on author", "returned with feedback",
etc). Since Peter has already updated all of the statuses, I've decided
not to write summaries and instead spend that time doing review.

However, I thought it might be useful to provide a list of all of the
"Needs review" entries which, at the time of writing, have had zero
reviews or replies (except from the author):

Document efficient self-joins / UPDATE LIMIT techniques.
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4539/

pg_basebackup: Always return valid temporary slot names
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4534/

pg_resetwal tests, logging, and docs update
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4533/

Streaming I/O, vectored I/O
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4532/

Improving the heapgetpage function improves performance in common scenarios
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4524/

CI speed improvements for FreeBSD
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4520/

Implementation of distinct in Window Aggregates: take two
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4519/

Improve pg_restore toc file parsing and format for better performances
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4509/

Fix false report of wraparound in pg_serial
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4516/

Simplify create_merge_append_path a bit for clarity
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4496/

Fix bogus Asserts in calc_non_nestloop_required_outer
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4478/

Retiring is_pushed_down
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4458/

Flush disk write caches by default on macOS and Windows
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4453/

Add last_commit_lsn to pg_stat_database
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4355/

Optimizing "boundary cases" during backward scan B-Tree index descents
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4380/

XLog size reductions: Reduced XLog record header size
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4386/

Unified file access using virtual file descriptors
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4420/

Optimise index range scan by performing first check with upper page boundary
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4434/

Revises for the check of parameterized partial paths
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4425/

Opportunistically pruning page before update
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4384/

Checks in RegisterBackgroundWorker()
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4514/

Allow direct lookups of SpecialJoinInfo by ojrelid
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4313/

Parent/child context relation in pg_get_backend_memory_contexts()
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4379/

Support Right Semi Join
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4284/

bug: ANALYZE progress report with inheritance tables
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4144/

archive modules loose ends
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4192/

- Melanie