Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning

От amul sul
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Jeevan Ladhe
<jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> IIUC, default partition constraints is simply NOT IN (<values of all
>> other sibling partitions>).
>> If constraint on the default partition refutes the new partition's
>> constraints that means we have overlapping partition, and perhaps
>> error.
>

> You are correct Amul, but this error will be thrown before we try to
> check for the default partition data. So, in such cases I think we really
> do not need to have logic to check if default partition refutes the new
> partition contraints.

But Ashutosh's suggestion make sense, we might have constraints other
than that partitioning constraint on default partition.  If those
constraints refutes the new partition's constraints, we should skip
the scan.

Regards,
Amul