Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning

От Jeevan Ladhe
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

IIUC, default partition constraints is simply NOT IN (<values of all
other sibling partitions>).
If constraint on the default partition refutes the new partition's
constraints that means we have overlapping partition, and perhaps
error.

You are correct Amul, but this error will be thrown before we try to
check for the default partition data. So, in such cases I think we really
do not need to have logic to check if default partition refutes the new
partition contraints.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe