Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 09:34:14AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> The problem can be solved this way, but the only question here is whether
>> it is acceptable for users to have a new console window for server.
>>
>> Can others also please share their opinion if this fix (start server in new
>> console) seems acceptable or shall we try by passing some information
>> from pg_ctl and then ignore CTRL+C && CTRL+BREAK for it?
>
> I wanted to point out that I think this patch is only appropriate for
> head, not backpatching.  Also, on Unix we have to handle signals that
> come from the kill command.  Can you send CTRL+C from other
> applications on Windows?

I think there are ways to achieve it, but might not be very straightforward.
If we start server in new console window through pg_ctl, then we *don't*
need to change any signal handler to catch and do something specific
for CTRL+C/CTRL+BREAK.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.