Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Christian Ullrich
<chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
> * From: Amit Kapila
>> Do you mean to say use some existing environment variable?
>> Introducing an environment variable to solve this issue or infact using
>> some existing environ variable doesn't seem to be the best way to pass
>> such information.
>
> I meant creating a new one, yes. If, say, PGSQL_BACKGROUND_JOB was set,
> the postmaster etc. would ignore the events.

Do you plan to reset it and if yes when?
I think there is chance that after setting this environment variable, some other
instance of server (postmaster) can read it and missed the signal
which it should
have otherwise processed.

Irrespective of above problem, I think using environment variable might not be a
good way to solve this problem.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.