Re: logicalrep_message_type throws an error

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: logicalrep_message_type throws an error
Дата
Re: logicalrep_message_type throws an error  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 1:36 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 6:28 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > One point to note is that the user may also get confused if the actual
> > ERROR says message type as 'X' and the context says '???'. I feel in
> > this case duplicate information is better than different information.
>
> I agree. I think it would be better to show the same string like:
>
> ERROR:  invalid logical replication message type "??? (88)"
> CONTEXT:  processing remote data for replication origin "pg_16638"
> during message type "??? (88)" in transaction 796, finished at
> 0/1626698
>
> Since the numerical value is important only in invalid message type
> cases, how about using a format like "??? (88)" in unknown message
> type cases, in both error and context messages?

Do you have something like attached in mind?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.