Re: logicalrep_message_type throws an error

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: logicalrep_message_type throws an error
Дата
Re: logicalrep_message_type throws an error  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 6:28 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> One point to note is that the user may also get confused if the actual
> ERROR says message type as 'X' and the context says '???'. I feel in
> this case duplicate information is better than different information.

I agree. I think it would be better to show the same string like:

ERROR:  invalid logical replication message type "??? (88)"
CONTEXT:  processing remote data for replication origin "pg_16638"
during message type "??? (88)" in transaction 796, finished at
0/1626698

Since the numerical value is important only in invalid message type
cases, how about using a format like "??? (88)" in unknown message
type cases, in both error and context messages?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada