Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:52 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 9:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Commit 464824323e has added the support of the streaming of
> > in-progress transactions into the built-in logical replication. The
> > attached patch adds the statistics about transactions streamed to the
> > decoding output plugin from ReorderBuffer.
>
> I have reviewed the attached patch, I have one comment
>
> + int64 streamTxns; /* number of transactions streamed to the decoding
> output plugin */
> + int64 streamCount; /* streaming invocation counter */
> + int64 streamBytes; /* amount of data streamed to subscriber */
>
> I think instead of saying "amount of data streamed to subscriber"  it
> should be " amount of data streamed to the decoding output plugin"

Thanks, I think a similar change is required in docs as well. One more
thing I was considering whether to change docs to explain stream_count
and stream_txns somewhat more clearly based on what I have posted for
spilled_count and spilled_txns in the other thread [1]? Do you think
that patch is an improvement over what we have now? If yes, we can
adapt the similar changes here as well, otherwise, we can leave it as
it is.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LdPQucvp9St2D6NhO9aQ2KKr3U0yAbKDox2UC86Q%2B_zg%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: RE: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist