Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:52 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 9:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Commit 464824323e has added the support of the streaming of
> > > in-progress transactions into the built-in logical replication. The
> > > attached patch adds the statistics about transactions streamed to the
> > > decoding output plugin from ReorderBuffer.
> >
> > I have reviewed the attached patch, I have one comment
> >
> > + int64 streamTxns; /* number of transactions streamed to the decoding
> > output plugin */
> > + int64 streamCount; /* streaming invocation counter */
> > + int64 streamBytes; /* amount of data streamed to subscriber */
> >
> > I think instead of saying "amount of data streamed to subscriber"  it
> > should be " amount of data streamed to the decoding output plugin"
> >

> Thanks, I think a similar change is required in docs as well.

I have fixed the above comment and rebased the patch. I have changed
the docs a bit to add more explanation about the counters. Let me know
if you have any more comments. Thanks Dilip and Sawada-San for
reviewing this patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.