Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Interesting. I'll try to reproduce it.
>>
>> Any progress here?
>

> In Multi socket machine with 8 sockets and 64 cores, I have seen more regression compared to my previous run in power8 with 2 socket, currently I tested Read only workload for 5 mins Run, When I get time, I will run for longer time and confirm again.

Have you tried by reverting the commits 6150a1b0 and ac1d794, which I think effects read-only performance and sometimes create variation in TPS across different runs, here second might have less impact, but first one could impact performance?  Is it possible for you to get perf data with and without patch and share with others?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.