Re: ALTER ROLE ... SET in current database only

От Abdul Qoyyuum
Тема Re: ALTER ROLE ... SET in current database only
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wouldnt you need to connect to the database first before you can ALTER ROLE anything?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 1:25 AM Wolfgang Walther <walther@technowledgy.de> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to set a GUC for a role in the current database only - but
don't know the name of the database at the time of writing code. Could
be development, staging, ...

I would basically like to do something like this:

ALTER ROLE a IN CURRENT DATABASE SET b TO c;

Although that syntax doesn't exist (yet).

I think I could wrap it in a DO block and create the statement
dynamically. Alternatively, I could probably INSERT INTO / UPDATE
pg_db_role_setting manually?

Any other ideas how to achieve this easily? Does the proposed "IN
CURRENT DATABASE" syntax sound useful to anyone else?

Best,

Wolfgang

--
Abdul Qoyyuum Bin Haji Abdul Kadir