Turn jit off for slow subquery in Postgres 12

От Andrus
Тема Turn jit off for slow subquery in Postgres 12
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi!

Last year I posted testcase [1] which shows that using jit makes execution
magnitude slower ( 2.5s vs 0.4 sec) in typical shopping cart application product search in Postgres 12.

There are also other reports on this [2,3].

I tried to turn jit off for subquery using

select ...  from
(
set jit to off;
select ... from cartdata, ...  where ....
set jit to on
)

But this cause syntax error.

How to turn off jit for specific subquery in Postgres 12 ?

Subquery is generated by EF Core and splitting it to multiple statements is not possible.

Postgres upgrade is not planned.

Andrus.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/A2E2572094D4434CAEB57C80085B22C7@dell2
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHOFxGo5xJt02RmwAWrtv2K0jcqqxG-cDiR8FQbvb0WxdKhcgw%40mail.gmail.com