Re: ALTER ROLE ... SET in current database only

От Wolfgang Walther
Тема Re: ALTER ROLE ... SET in current database only
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Abdul Qoyyuum:
> Wouldnt you need to connect to the database first before you can ALTER
> ROLE anything?

Of course, otherwise the notion of "current database" wouldn't make
sense at all. But that's only before executing the code. I am not
writing and executing this code at the same time.

In my case I'm seeding a postgres docker container with settings and
data on first launch. The database name is passed to the container via
environment variable. But, I'm sure there are other use-cases where code
should be written once, but be executed in different databases.

Best,

Wolfgang