Auto-complete and Calltips in SQL Editor

От klo uo
Тема Auto-complete and Calltips in SQL Editor
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi list,

Initially I posted this message in general list, where I was suggested to use this list instead.
This is the link to initial message: message

It was confirmed that pgAdmin uses Scintilla which has interface for calltip and auto-complete functions defined in:

    scintilla\src\CallTip.h
    scintilla\src\AutoComplete.h

with simple implementation described in

    scintilla\doc\ScintillaUsage.html

or full in SciTE editor.

As implemented in SciTE these controls are evoked only if user provides calltip and auto-completion definitions (through *.api files) and user defines triggers for each action.

These can be seen as helpers at least in these scenarios:

 - novice user learning SQL or PL/pgSQL
 - user learning PostgreSQL extension, like PostGIS
 - user manages own function

I attached screenshots of these suggestions as they appear in SciTE.

Вложения