Re: BDR and Backup and Recovery

От Will McCormick
Тема Re: BDR and Backup and Recovery
Дата
Re: BDR and Backup and Recovery  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Re-sending to group as well Jim :D

Regarding testing backups, Well said Jim. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will test regularly whatever we decide to put in place.

The below is from the 0.9.3 BDR documentation:

"Because logical replication is only supported in streaming mode (rather than WAL archiving) it isn't suitable for point-in-time recovery. Logical replication may be used in conjunction with streaming physical replication and/or PITR, though; it is not necessary to choose one or the other."

Am I misinterpreting that BDR uses Logical Decoding and as such I cannot perform PITR?