Re: AIX support - alignment issues

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 6:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> SuperH might be twitching a bit less feebly than these three,
> but it seems to be a legacy architecture as well.  Not much
> has happened there since the early 2000's AFAICS.

It looks like there's an sh3el package for PostgreSQL on NetBSD here,
so whoever maintains that might be in touch:

https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql14-server/index.html

> I think it'd be pretty reasonable to disclaim support for
> any architecture that doesn't have a representative in our
> buildfarm, which would lead to dropping all four of these.
> If you don't like it, step up and run a buildfarm animal.

+1

It's funny to think that you probably could run modern PostgreSQL on
the Sun 3 boxes the project started on in 1986 (based on clues from
the papers in our history section) if you put NetBSD on them, but
you'd probably need to cross compile due to lack of RAM.  The grammar
in particular.