Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?
Дата
Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 10:28 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2022-01-24 15:35:25 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
> >
> > > Seems we should revert now-ish? There's a minor release coming up and I think
> > > it'd be bad to ship these changes to users.
> >
> > Sure.  Do we want to revert in HEAD too?
>
> Not sure. I'm also OK with trying to go with Thomas' patch to walreceiver and
> try a bit longer to get all this working. Thomas?

I vote for reverting in release branches only.  I'll propose a better
WES patch set for master that hopefully also covers async append etc
(which I was already planning to do before we knew about this Windows
problem).  More soon.