Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes
Дата
Ответ на Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 9:11 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 8:17 PM Mike Yeap <wkk1020@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Thomas, does that mean the bug is still there?

> I haven't tried to repro this myself, but it certainly sounds like it.
> It also sounds like it would probably go away if you switched to a
> Debian-derived distro, instead of a Red Hat-derived distro, but I
> doubt that's the kind of advice you were looking for.  We need to
> figure out a proper solution here, though I'm not sure what.  Question
> for the list: other stuff in the server needs libpthread (SSL, LLVM,
> ...), so why are we insisting on using non-MT LDAP?

Concretely, why don't we just kill the LDAP_LIBS_FE/LDAP_LIBS_BE
distinction and use a single LDAP_LIBS?  Then it'll always match.  It
can still be the non-MT variant if you build with
--disable-thread-safety (who does that?), but then it'll be the same
in the server too so that postgres_fdw + ldap works that way too.
Sketch patch attached.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com