Re: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:45 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * Filip Rembiałkowski (filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com) wrote:
> > There is a large (>5T) database on PostgreSQL 9.0.23.
>
> First off, I hope you understand that 9.0 has been *long* out of
> support and that you *really* need to upgrade to a supported version of
> PostgreSQL (9.4 and up these days...).

Yes I do. Unfortunately it was not possible.

>> > I would like to setup new WAL-shipping standby.
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/warm-standby.html
> >
> > On my way I find unexpected issues. Here's the story, in short:
> >
> > 1. WAL archiving to remote archive is setup & verified
> >
> > 2. base backup is transferred directly to new server using
> > pg_start_backup + rsync + pg_stop_backup.
> >
> > 3. recovery.conf is created
> >
> > 4. Server is started and consumes all the remaining WAL segments
> > accumulated in the archive - finishing with optimistic message LOG:
> > consistent recovery state reached at 9FC1/112BEE10.
> >
> > 5. When I go to postgres on the standby and try to connect system
> > "postgres" database psql: FATAL:  could not open file "global/11819":
> > No such file or directory
>
> That seems pretty odd- does that file exist on the existing database
> system..?

No. "global/11819" does not exist on the primary. That's what makes it
a mystery for me.

At first, I was thinking - maybe OIDs of some objects in pg_global
tablespace were "rotated" (VACUUM FULL, etc) during the rsync.
But it seems unlikely.