Re: Weird failure in explain.out with OpenBSD

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Weird failure in explain.out with OpenBSD
Дата
Re: Weird failure in explain.out with OpenBSD  (Mikael Kjellström <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu>)
Re: Weird failure in explain.out with OpenBSD  (Mikael Kjellström <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 1:15 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> morepork uses 6.9 now, but it has been recently upgraded from 5.4 or
> a version close to that, right?  I am wondering if 7.0 may help
> regarding this issue.  Postgres is not wrong here.

I dunno.  Clocks on virtualised systems and even metal seem to be a
minefield of quirks and heuristics.  Some discussion, may or may not
be relevant:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=161657532610882&w=2

Some starter questions for Mikael would be: could you please check
which clock source it's using?, is it under a hypervisor, and if so
which?, what is the CPU model?, what are other kernels choosing when
running as guests on the same hypervisor (if applicable)?  Did
anything interesting happen on either the guest or host operating
system (if not bare metal) some time around 2021-11-10 21:59 CET?

I'm no expert on this stuff but something tells me that a 124ms leap
needs a different explanation than the sub-µs difference reported
earlier...