Re: conchuela timeouts since 2021-10-09 system upgrade

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: conchuela timeouts since 2021-10-09 system upgrade
Дата
Re: conchuela timeouts since 2021-10-09 system upgrade  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 4:20 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It indeed is looking like 7f580aa made the problem go away on conchuela,
> but do we understand why?  The only theory I can think of is "kernel bug",
> but while that's plausible for prairiedog it seems hard to credit for a
> late-model BSD kernel.

I have yet to even log into a DBSD system (my attempt to install the
6.0.1 ISO on bhyve failed for lack of a driver, or something), but I
do intend to get it working at some point.  But I can offer a poorly
researched wildly speculative hypothesis: DBSD forked from FBSD in
2003.  macOS 10.3 took FBSD's kqueue code in... 2003.  So maybe a bug
was fixed later that they both inherited?  Or perhaps that makes no
sense, I dunno.  It'd be nice to try to write a repro and send them a
report, if we can.