Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)  (Eric Thinnes <e.thinnes@gmx.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 7:01 PM Eric Thinnes <e.thinnes@gmx.de> wrote:
>  > PG 11, before that there was a different arrangement involving
>  > translation), but there is a low probability edge case that your test
>  > manages to hit fairly reliably, where two backends try to bless a
>
> I see that I have a talent for stepping into the trap.
>
>  > record_table_entry->key.u.shared_tupdesc);
>  >                  Assert(result->tdrefcount == -1);
>  >
>  > With that change I can see it still hits this path often but works
>  > correctly.  Will fix next week.
>
> That is good news.
>
> This means that all users can benefit from it.

Pushed.  Thanks for the report and the reproducer!