Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)

От Eric Thinnes
Тема Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Segmentation fault when calling BlessTupleDesc in a C function in parallel on PostgreSQL-(12.6, 12.7, 13.2, 13.3)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
 > PG 11, before that there was a different arrangement involving
 > translation), but there is a low probability edge case that your test
 > manages to hit fairly reliably, where two backends try to bless a

I see that I have a talent for stepping into the trap.

 > record_table_entry->key.u.shared_tupdesc);
 >                  Assert(result->tdrefcount == -1);
 >
 > With that change I can see it still hits this path often but works
 > correctly.  Will fix next week.

That is good news.

This means that all users can benefit from it.