Re: BUG #16827: macOS interrupted syscall leads to a crash

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: BUG #16827: macOS interrupted syscall leads to a crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 6:47 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Tom, all, this seems like a serious problem likely to become more
> > widespread. I don't really know how we can reasonably address this
> > short-term, adding EINTR handling to all the places that don't yet have
> > it (and ensuring that it stays that way) seems like it's a lot to backport.
>
> The only idea that comes to mind is to invent a wrapper for open
> (and other affected syscalls) that adds a loop-on-EINTR.  Ugly,
> and it would not fix third-party extensions until they're recompiled.
>
> My inclination is to regard this as something that's Apple's problem,
> at least for now.  Perhaps they'll realize what a disaster it is.
> (OTOH, they've proven pretty mulish on making SIP usable...)

Can anyone reproduce the problem on 11.3.1+?  This comment seems like
a promising clue that they might have recently made it restartable, or
something like that:

https://github.com/PostgresApp/PostgresApp/issues/610#issuecomment-839210363