Re: AXLE Plans for 9.5 and 9.6

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: AXLE Plans for 9.5 and 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22 April 2014 13:15, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great!  I'm looking forward to seeing PostgreSQL evolve as an analytics
> database for data warehousing.  Is there any reason why in-memory database
> and MPP is not included?

Those ideas are valid; the features are bounded by resource
constraints of time and money, as well as by technical skills/
capacities of my fellow developers. My analysis has been that
implementing parallelism has lower benefit/cost ratio than other
features, as well as requiring more expensive servers (for MPP). I
expect MPP to be an eventual end goal from BDR project.

> Are you planning to include the above features in 9.5 and 9.6?

Yes

> Are you
> recommending other developers not implement these features to avoid
> duplication of work with AXLE?

This was more to draw attention to the work so that all interested
parties can participate in producing something useful.