Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Tatsuo/Josh/Robert also discussed how recovery.conf can be used to
>> provide parameters solely for recovery. That is difficult to do
>> without causing all downstream tools to make major changes in the ways
>> they supply parameters.
>
> Actually, this case is easily solved by an "include recovery.conf"
> parameter.  So it's a non-issue.

That is what I've suggested and yes, doing that is straightforward.

If you mean "do that in a program" if we had a problem with adding
parameters, we also have a problem adding an include.

We should avoid breaking programs which we have no reason to break.
Stability is good, change without purpose is not.