Re: SET variable - Permission issues

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SET variable - Permission issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 01:52 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
>> ALTER USER novice SET MIN_VAL OF statement_timeout TO '1';
>> -- So that the user cannot turn off the timeout
>>
>> ALTER DATABASE super_reliable SET ENUM_VALS OF synchronous_commit
>>   TO 'on';
>> -- So that the user cannot change the synchronicity of
>> transactions against this database.
>
> I like this better than GRANT/REVOKE on SET.
+1
I would really like a way to prevent normal users from switching
from the default transaction isolation level I set.  This seems like
a good way to do that.  Putting sane bounds on some other settings,
more to protect against the accidental bad settings than malicious
mischief, would be a good thing, too.
-Kevin