Re: Overhead cost of Serializable Snapshot Isolation

От Dan Ports
Тема Re: Overhead cost of Serializable Snapshot Isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:10:18PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Did you ever see much contention on
> SerializablePredicateLockListLock, or was it just
> SerializableXactHashLock?  I think the former might be able to use
> the non-blocking techniques, but I fear the main issue is with the
> latter, which seems like a harder problem.

No, not that I recall -- if SerializablePredicateLockListLock was on
the list of contended locks, it was pretty far down.

SerializableXactHashLock was the main bottleneck, and
SerializableXactFinishedListLock was a lesser but still significant
one.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/