Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade
Дата
Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 1:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> crake has been failing its cross-version-upgrade tests [1] since
> this went in:
>
> log files for step xversion-upgrade-REL9_4_STABLE-HEAD:
> ==~_~===-=-===~_~== /home/andrew/bf/root/upgrade.crake/HEAD/REL9_4_STABLE-amcheck-1.log ==~_~===-=-===~_~==
> heap table "regression.pg_catalog.pg_largeobject", block 0, offset 7:
>     xmin 7707 precedes relation freeze threshold 0:14779
> heap table "regression.pg_catalog.pg_largeobject", block 201, offset 5:
>     xmin 8633 precedes relation freeze threshold 0:14779
>
> I'm not very sure what to make of that, but it's failed identically
> four times in four attempts.

That's complaining about two tuples in the pg_largeobject table with
xmin values that precedes relfrozenxid -- which suggests that even
after 80d6907219, relfrozenxid isn't being correctly preserved in this
test case, since the last run still failed the same way.

But what exactly is this test case testing? I've previously complained
about buildfarm outputs not being as labelled as well as they need to
be in order to be easily understood by, well, me anyway. It'd sure
help if the commands that led up to this problem were included in the
output. I downloaded latest-client.tgz from the build farm server and
am looking at TestUpgradeXversion.pm, but there's no mention of
-amcheck-1.log in there, just -analyse.log, -copy.log, and following.
So I suppose this is running some different code or special
configuration...

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com