Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-07-29 Fr 14:35, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 1:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> crake has been failing its cross-version-upgrade tests [1] since
>> this went in:
>>
>> log files for step xversion-upgrade-REL9_4_STABLE-HEAD:
>> ==~_~===-=-===~_~== /home/andrew/bf/root/upgrade.crake/HEAD/REL9_4_STABLE-amcheck-1.log ==~_~===-=-===~_~==
>> heap table "regression.pg_catalog.pg_largeobject", block 0, offset 7:
>>     xmin 7707 precedes relation freeze threshold 0:14779
>> heap table "regression.pg_catalog.pg_largeobject", block 201, offset 5:
>>     xmin 8633 precedes relation freeze threshold 0:14779
>>
>> I'm not very sure what to make of that, but it's failed identically
>> four times in four attempts.
> That's complaining about two tuples in the pg_largeobject table with
> xmin values that precedes relfrozenxid -- which suggests that even
> after 80d6907219, relfrozenxid isn't being correctly preserved in this
> test case, since the last run still failed the same way.
>
> But what exactly is this test case testing? I've previously complained
> about buildfarm outputs not being as labelled as well as they need to
> be in order to be easily understood by, well, me anyway. It'd sure
> help if the commands that led up to this problem were included in the
> output. I downloaded latest-client.tgz from the build farm server and
> am looking at TestUpgradeXversion.pm, but there's no mention of
> -amcheck-1.log in there, just -analyse.log, -copy.log, and following.
> So I suppose this is running some different code or special
> configuration...

Not really, but it is running git bleeding edge. This code comes from
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/191df23bd25eb5546b0989d71ae92747151f9f39>
at lines 704-705

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade