Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-07-27 We 04:01, Amit Langote wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 2:49 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 1:13 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> BTW, I was working on code inside llvm_compile_expr() a few days ago
>>> and I thought I'd gotten the new evaluation steps I was adding correct
>>> as it worked fine with jit_above_cost=0, but on further testing, it
>>> crashed with jit_inline_above_cost=0. Might be worth doing both to see
>>> if everything works as intended.
>> Thanks for the pointer.
>>
>> So I didn't see things going bust on re-testing with all
>> jit_*_above_cost parameters set to 0, so maybe the
>> llvm_compile_expression() additions are alright.
> Here's an updated version of the patch, with mostly cosmetic changes.
> In particular, I added comments describing the new llvm_compile_expr()
> blobs.

Andres,

this work has been done in response to a complaint from you. Does this
address your concerns satisfactorily?

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Oversight in slab.c SlabContextCreate(), initial memory allocation size is not populated to context->mem_allocated