Re: [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Anton Dignös <dignoes@inf.unibz.it> wrote:
> We would like to contribute to PostgreSQL a solution that supports the query
> processing of "at each time point". The basic idea is to offer two new
> operators, NORMALIZE and ALIGN, whose purpose is to adjust (or split) the
> ranges of tuples so that subsequent queries can use the usual grouping and
> equality conditions to get the intended results.

I think that it is great that you want to contribute your work to
PostgreSQL.  I don't know whether there will be a consensus that this
is generally useful functionality that we should accept, but I commend
the effort anyhow.  Assuming there is, getting this into a state that
we consider committable will probably take quite a bit of additional
work on your part; no one will do it for you.  If you're still
interested in proceeding given those caveats, please add your patch
here so that it gets reviewed:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

--
Robert Haas