Re: VACUUM FULL results in deadlock

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL results in deadlock
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM Manuel Rigger <rigger.manuel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your comment! I can also reproduce deadlocks for other
> statements that operate on distinct databases, at least also for
> ANALYZE. The documentation states that such statements operate on
> their current databases. If this is not a bug, should maybe the
> documentation be updated to mention this caveat?

Possibly. The trick is always to find a good place to put things like
this -- they need to not consume a disproportionate amount of space
relative to the importance of an issue, and they need to be inserted
into a place in the documentation where they make logical sense and
are likely to be seen by users. If you have a good idea, feel free to
submit a patch, perhaps on pgsql-docs.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company